عنوان مقاله [English]
Introduction: Autism spectrum disorder has a profound effect on family life. Mothers of children with autism face many challenges. The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of acceptance and commitment therapy on depression and irrational beliefs in women with autistic children in Gachsaran.
Methods: The study population consisted of all mothers of children with autism spectrum disorder who were referred to special educational centers under the supervision of the Behzisty Organization Center of Gachsaran city. Control and experimental groups were replaced in two groups of 15 each.
Results: Findings showed that acceptance and commitment therapy was effective in reducing depression and irrational beliefs in women with autism in Gachsaran city (P <0.05). There was a significant difference between the experimental and control groups in at least one of the dependent variables (P<0.01).
Conclusion: The results of this test indicated that there was a significant difference between the two groups in the post-test.
1. Gebauer L, Foster N, Vuust P, Hyde KL. Is there a bit of autism in all of us? Autism spectrum traits are related to cortical thickness differences in both autism and typical development. Research in Autism Spectrum Disororders 2015, 13-14, pp. 8-14.
2. McCarthy J, Underwood L, Tsakaniko E, Craig T, Howlin P, Bouras N. Predictors of challenging behaviour among mental health service users with intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorders. Europian Psychiatry 2014, 29(suppl 1): pp. 1-7.
3. Shine, R., & Perry, A, The relationship between parental stress and intervention outcome of children with autism. Journal on Developmental Disabilities, 2010, 16-2), pp. 64–66.
4.Sim, A., Cordier, R., Vaz, S., & Falkmer, T, Relationship satisfaction in couples raising a child with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review of the literature. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders, 2016, 31,
5.Dardas, L. A., & Ahmad, M. M, For fathers raising children with autism, do coping strategies mediate or moderate the relationship between parenting stress and quality of life? Research in Developmental
Disabilities, 2015, 36, pp. 620–629.
6.Reed, P., Sejunaite, K., & Osborne, L. A, Relationship between self-reported health and stress in mothers of children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2016, 46-3, pp. 934–941.
7.Gau, S. S. F., Chou, M. C., Chiang, H. L., Lee, J. C., Wong, C. C., Chou,W. J., & Wu, Y. Y, Parental adjustment, marital relationship, and family function in families of children with autism. Research in
Autism Spectrum Disorders, 2012, 6-1,pp. 263–270.
8.Lai, W. W., Goh, T. J., Oei, T. P., & Sung, M. (2015). Coping and well-being in parents of children with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 2015, 45-8, pp. 2582–2593.
9.Sullivan, P. F., Magnusson, C., Reichenberg, A., Boman,M., Dalman, C., Davidson, M., Fruchter, E., Hultman, C. M., Lundberg, M., Långström, N., Weiser, M., Svensson, A. C., & Lichtenstein, P.
Family history of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder as risk factors for autism. Archives of General Psychiatry, 2012, 69-11, pp. 1099– 1103.
10.Jokiranta, E., Brown, A. S., Heinimaa, M., Cheslack-Postava, P., Suominen, A., & Sourander, A, Parental psychiatric disorders and autism spectrum disorders. Psychiatry Research, 2013,207, pp. 203– 211.
11.McCarthy J, Underwood LISA, Hayward H, Chaplin E, Forrester A, et al. Autism Spectrum Disorder and Mental Health Problems Among Prisoners. Euroropean Psychiatry 2015; 30(suppl 1): pp. 864-869.
12.World Health Organization, Mental health: Strengthening our response. Fact sheet No. 220. Retrieved from .2016.
13. Suckling J. Structural Abnormalities in Autism Spectrum Disorder. Brain Map, 2015, 3-1, pp. 1031-1036.
14. Derguy C, Bouvard M, Michel G, M’Bailara K. The gap between parents’ knowledge and causal beliefs about etiology of autism: A key variable to understand parents’ anxiety. European Psychiatry 2014, 29-8, pp. 598-599.
15.Girli A, Tekin D, Investigating false belief levels of typically developed children and children with autism. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences 2010; 2-2, pp. 1944-1950.
16..Dardennes RM, Al Anbar NN, Prado-Netto A, Kaye K, Contejean Y, Al Anbar NN, Treating the cause of illness rather than the symptoms: Parental causal beliefs and treatment choices in autism spectrum disorder.
Res Dev Disabil 2011, 32-3, pp. 1137-1146.
17. Stephanie D, Julie F, Exploring links between language and cognition in autism spectrum disorders: Complement sentences, false belief, and executive functioning, J Commun Disord, 2015, 54, pp. 15-31.
18.Abdullahi B, Abdulrahim E. Empowerment of employee: golden key human resource managment. 2 nded.Tehran: Virayesh; 2006.
19.Aghmohammadian HR, Zarezade Kheibari S, Horouf Ghanad M, Hokmabadi ME. The relationship between perfectionism sexual function in infertil women. Iran J Obstet Gynecol Infertil, 2014,17-97, pp. 9-17(Persian).
20.Kouhestani H, Ghanbari- Hashemabadi B, Taji E, Role of irrational beliefs in anticipation of conflict management styles of nonprofit. [Master Thesis]. Mashhad: Faculty of Education and Psychology, Ferdowsi University, 2013.
21. Irandoost F, Taher Neshatdoost H, Nadi M, [The Effectiveness of Group Therapy based on Acceptan and
Commitment on Anxiety associated with Pain and depression among Women whom suffers from Chronic Backache], J Behav Sci, 2014,8-1, pp. 89-96.
22. Hayes SC. Acceptance and commitment therapy , relational frame theory and the hird wave of behavioral and cognitive therapies. Behav Ther, 2004, 35, pp. 639-65.
23. Hayes SC, Luoma J, Bond F, Masuda A, Lillis J, Acceptance and ommitment Therapy: Model, processes, and outcomes, 2006.
24. Towing MP. The application of acceptance and commitment therapy in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Cogn Behav Pract, 2009, 16-1, pp. 18-28.
25.White RG, Gumley AI, McTaggart J, Rattrie L, McConville D, Cleare S, et al, Acceptance and ommitment
Therapy for depression following psychosis: An examination of clinically significant change. Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science, 2015,4-3, pp.203-9.
26.Lunsky YO, Fung K, Lake J, Steel L, Bryce K, Evaluation of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Mothers of Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mindfulness, 2017.
27.American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. 5th ed. Washington: American Psychiatric Association; 2013.
28.Phetrasuwan S, Miles MS. Parenting stress in mothers of children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal for specialists in pediatric nursing, 2009, 14-3, pp. 157-65.
29.Anan RM, Warner LJ, McGillivary JE, Chong IM, Hines SJ. Group intensive family training (GIFT) for
preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders. Behav Intervent, 2008, 23-3, pp. 165-80.
30.Newschaffer CJ, Croen LA, Daniels J, Giarelli E, Grether JK, Levy SL. The epidemiology of autism spectrum disorders. Ann Rev Public Health, 2007, 28, pp. 238-58.
31.Samadi M. [National study on theprevalenceof autism]. 2012. (Persian)
32.Davies M, Stankov L, Roberts RD, Emotional intelligence: In search of an elusive construct. J Pers Soc Psychol, 2012, 75-3, pp. 989-1015.
33.Eisenhower AS, Baker BL, Blacher J, Preschool children with intellectual disability: Syndrome specificity, behaviour problems, and maternal well-being, 2013.
34.Romano M, Truzoli R, Osborne LA, Ree P(2014). The relationship between autism quotient, anxiety, and internet addiction. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorers, 2014, 8-11, pp. 1521-1526.
35. Heydari, Somayeh and Sajjadian, Ilnaz; Heidarian, andishe, Principles of Mental Health, 1395, No. 6, Pages, 14-25.
36. Alawizadeh, Frank and Shakerian, Ata, Psychiatric Nursing, 1395, No. 6, Pages, 8-14.
37. Dehghani, Yousef, Journal of Clinical Psychology, 1395, No. 3, Pages, 12-45
38. Callahan S, Denis A. Irrational beliefs and motherhood: “Hot cognitions” and their relationship to perinatal psychopathology. Journal De Therapie Comportementale et Cogitive, 2013, 23-1, pp. 3-8.
39. Soudani M, Sanaii Zaker B. Comparing effect of individual and group counseling by method of rational emotive behavior therapy on reduction of irrational believes in single and male students of education & basicsciences majors 18-24 ages in Ahvaz (Project). Tehran: Tarbiyat Moallem University, 1996. (Persian).
40. Taghi poor M. The examination of comparing of irrational believes in psychosomatic disorders and normal individuals with 20-50 ags. (Project). Tehran: Allame Tabatabai University, 1997. (Persian).
41- Beck AT. Steer RA. Brown GK. Manual for the Beck depression inventory. 2nd ed. San Antonio: TX: The Psychological Corporation; 1996.
42- Hawton ,. Salkovskis K. Cognitive behavior therapy for psychiatric problems. Tehran: Arjmand, 2011, pp. 259-268. [Persian].
43. Eifert GH, Forsyth JP, Hayes SC, Accptance and commitment theapy anxiety disorder: A practioners treatment to using mindfulness, acceptance and value based behavior change strategies. Oakland: ewharbinger; 2005.
44. Hayes. Introction to caress evil mind based on acceptance and commitment therapy, 2015.
45. Vanegas SB, Davidson D. Investigating distinct and related contributions of Weak Central Coherence, Executive Dysfunction, and Systemizing theories to the cognitive profiles of children with Autism Spectrum
Disorders and typically developing children. Research in Autism Spectrum Disororders, 2015, 11-2, pp. 77-92.
46. . Lum M, Garnett M, O’Connor E. Health communication: A pilot study comparing perceptions of women with and without high functioning autism spectrum disorder, Research in Autism Spectrum Disorers, 2014, 8-12, pp. 1713-1721.
47. Hayes SC, Strosahl KD. A practical guide to acceptance and commitment therapy. USA: Springer; 2010.