1. Osicka T, Kothe E, Ricciardelli L. A systematic review of adherence to restricted diets in people with functional bowel disorders. Appetite 2015; 92:143-55.
2. Knott RJ, Petrie DJ, Heeley EL, Chalmers JP, Clarke PM. The effects of reduced copayments on discontinuation and adherence failure to statin medication in Australia. Health Policy 2015; 119:620-7.
3. Kavookjian J, Wittayanukorn S. Interventions for adherence with oral chemotherapy in hematological malignancies: a systematic review. Res Soc Adm Pharm 2015; 11:303-14.
4. Cochrane MG, Bala MV, Downs KE, Mauskopf J, Ben-Joseph RH. Inhaled corticosteroids for asthma therapy: patient compliance, devices, and inhalation technique. Chest 2000; 117:542-50.
5. Haynes R, Yao X, Degani A, Kripalani S, Garg A, McDonald H. Interventions for enhancing medication adherence. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008; 2:CD000011.
6. Burke L, Ockene I. Compliance in healthcare and research. New Jersey: Wiley-Blackwell; 2001.
7. Sabaté E. Adherence to long-term therapies: evidence for action. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2003.
8. Unni EJ. Development of models to predict medication non-adherence based on a new typology. Iowa: The University of Iowa; 2008.
9. Vermeire E, Hearnshaw H, Van Royen P, Denekens J. Patient adherence to treatment: three decades of research. A comprehensive review. J Clin Pharm Ther 2001; 26:331-42.
10. Gladman J. Pharmacists paid to improve drug compliance, persistency. Payment Strateg Pharm Care 1997; 10:4.
11. Corda RS, Burke HB, Horowitz HW. Adherence to prescription medications among medical professionals. South Med J 2000; 93:585-9.
12. DiMatteo MR, Giordani PJ, Lepper HS, Croghan TW. Patient adherence and medical treatment outcomes a meta-analysis. Med Care 2002; 40:794-811.
13. Fagan CS, Carmody TJ, McClintock SM, Suris A, Nakamura A, Jeon-Slaughter H, et al. The effect of cognitive functioning on treatment attendance and adherence in comorbid bipolar disorder and cocaine dependence. J Subst Abuse Treat 2015; 49:15-20.
14. Jiang M, Hughes DR, Appleton CM, McGinty G, Duszak R. Recent trends in adherence to continuous screening for breast cancer among Medicare beneficiaries. Prev Med 2015; 73:47-52.
15. McAuley JW, Passen N, Prusa C, Dixon J, Cotterman-Hart S, Shneker BF. An evaluation of the impact of memory and mood on antiepileptic drug adherence. Epilepsy Behav 2015; 43:61-5.
16. Rohr F, Wessel A, Brown M, Charette K, Levy HL. Adhereslisnce to tetrahydrobiopterin therapy in patients with phenylketonuria. Mol Genet Metab 2015; 114:25-8.
17. Albuquerque C, Correia C, Ferreira M. Adherence to the therapeutic regime in person with type 2 diabetes. Proc Soc Behav Sci 2015; 171:350-8.
18. Doosti Irani M, Abazari P, Babaei S, Shahgholian N. Facilitators of adherence to self-management in type 2 diabetic patients: a phenomenological study. Iran J Endocrinol Metab 2009; 11:257-64.
19. Yalda A, Seyyed Alinaghi SA, Hajibdolbaghi M. Adherence to antiretroviral therapy and its determinants in AIDS patients: review article. Tehran Univ Med J 2008; 66:447-55.
20. Davoudi I, Mehrabizadeh Honarmand M, Shirvanian E, Bagherian Sararodi R. Investigating psychological variables as predictors of treatment adherence and quality of life in hemodialysis patients. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2012; 21:294-305.
21. Shirazi N, Oraki M, Zare H. The effectiveness of cognitive-behavior anger management training program on general health of patients with type 2 diabetes. J Urmia Univ Med Sci 2014; 24:966-76.
22. Ghaseminjead MA, Mikaeili N. Psychological predicting adherence in patients undergoing dialysis. J Qom Univ Med Sci 2015; 3:63-77.
23. Gholamaliei B, Karimi-Shahanjarini A, Roshanaei G, Rezapour-Shahkolaei F. Medication Adherence and its related factors in patients with type II diabetes. J Educ Community Health 2016; 2:3-12.
24. Haynes RB, McDonald H, Oliver T, McKibbon KA, Brouwers MC, Kanani R. Interventions for helping patients to follow prescriptions for medications. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002; 2:CD000011.
25. Sluijs E, van Dulmen S, van Dijk L, de Ridder D, Heerdink R, Bensing J. Patient adherence to medical treatment: a meta review. Utrecht: NIVEL; 2006.
26. Haynes RB. Improving patient adherence: state of the art, with a special focus on medication taking for cardiovascular disorders. Compliance in healthcare and research. Armonk, NY: Futura Publishing; 2001. P. 3-21.
27. Haynes RB, Taylor DW, Sackett DL. Compliance in health care. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press; 1979.
28. Simpson SH, Eurich DT, Majumdar SR, Padwal RS, Tsuyuki RT, Varney J, et al. A meta-analysis of the association between adherence to drug therapy and mortality. BMJ 2006; 333:15.
29. DiMatteo MR. Variations in patients’ adherence to medical recommendations: a quantitative review of 50 years of research. Med Care 2004; 42:200-9.
30. Claxton AJ, Cramer J, Pierce C. A systematic review of the associations between dose regimens and medication compliance. Clin Ther 2001; 23:1296-310.
31. Cramer JA, Rosenheck R. Compliance with medication regimens for mental and physical disorders. Psychiatr Serv 1998; 49:196-201.
32. Bethell CD, Read D, Blumberg SJ, Newacheck PW. What is the prevalence of children with special health care needs? Toward an understanding of variations in findings and methods across three national surveys. Matern Child Health J 2008; 12:1-14.
33. Rapoff MA. Adherence to pediatric medical regimens. New York: Springer Science & Business Media; 2009.
34. Kennard BD, Stewart SM, Olvera R, Bawdon RE, Hailin AO, Lewis CP, et al. Nonadherence in adolescent oncology patients: preliminary data on psychological risk factors and relationships to outcome. J Clin Psychol Med Set 2004; 11:31-9.
35. Dunbar-Jacob J, Mortimer-Stephens M. Treatment adherence in chronic disease. J Clin Epidemiol 2001; 54:S57-60.
36. Ingerski LM, Hente EA, Modi AC, Hommel KA. Electronic measurement of medication adherence in pediatric chronic illness: a review of measures. J Pediatr 2011; 159:528-34.
37. Banning M. Older people and adherence with medication: a review of the literature. Int J Nurs Stud 2008; 45:1550-61.
38. Midlöv P, Holmdahl L, Eriksson T, Bergkvist A, Ljungberg B, Widner H, et al. Medication report reduces number of medication errors when elderly patients are discharged from hospital. Pharm World Sci 2008; 30:92-8.
39. Tucker CM, Herman KC, Pedersen TR, Higley B, Montrichard M, Ivery P. Cultural sensitivity in physician-patient relationships: perspectives of an ethnically diverse sample of low-income primary care patients. Med Care 2003; 41:859-70.
40. Velligan DI, Lam YW, Glahn DC, Barrett JA, Maples NJ, Ereshefsky L, et al. Defining and assessing adherence to oral antipsychotics: a review of the literature. Schizophr Bull 2006; 32:724-42.
41. Kamali M, Kelly B, Clarke M, Browne S, Gervin M, Kinsella A, et al. A prospective evaluation of adherence to medication in first episode schizophrenia. Eur Psychiatry 2006; 21:29-33.
42. Reininghaus U, McCabe R, Burns T, Croudace T, Priebe S. Measuring patients' views: a bifactor model of distinct patient-reported outcomes in psychosis. Psychol Med 2011; 41:277-89.
43. Buus N. Adherence to anti-depressant medication: a medicine-taking career. Soc Sci Med 2014; 123:105-13.
44. Callegari LS, Zhao X, Nelson KM, Borrero S. Contraceptive adherence among women Veterans with mental illness and substance use disorder. Contraception 2015; 91:386-92.
45. Matteliano D, Chang YP. Describing prescription opioid adherence among individuals with chronic pain using urine drug testing. Pain Manag Nurs 2015; 16:51-9.
46. Jaser SS, Patel N, Linsky R, Whittemore R. Development of a positive psychology intervention to improve adherence in adolescents with type 1 diabetes. J Pediatr Health Care 2014; 28:478-85.
47. Munro S, Lewin S, Swart T, Volmink J. A review of health behaviour theories: how useful are these for developing interventions to promote long-term medication adherence for TB and HIV/AIDS? BMC Public Health 2007; 7:104.
48. Leventhal H, Cameron L. Behavioral theories and the problem of compliance. Patient Educ Couns 1987; 10:117-38.
49. Narimani M, Maleki-Pirbazari M, Mikaeili N, Abolghasemi A. Appraisal of effectiveness and comparison of exposure and response prevention therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)-based training on improving of obsessive and compulsive disorder patients' components of life quality. J Clin Psychol 2016; 8:25-36.
50. Gebhardt WA, Maes S. Integrating social-psychological frameworks for health behavior research. Am J Health Behav 2001; 25:528-36.
51. Mikaili N, Pakpour F, Ganji M. Comparison of metacognitive beliefs in gifted and normal students. J Sch Psychol 2014; 8:72-84.
52. Narimani M, Mikaili N, Bashirpour S. Comparison of uncertainty and emotion regulation in individuals with obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Psychol Stud 2017; 4:92-109.
53. Andersen RM. Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter? J Health Soc Behav 1995; 36:1-10.
54. Murray MD, Morrow DG, Weiner M, Tu W, Deer MM, Brater DC, et al. A conceptual framework to study medication adherence in older adults. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2004; 2:36-43.
55. Schomerus G, Appel K, Meffert PJ, Luppa M, Andersen RM, Grabe HJ, et al. Personality-related factors as predictors of help-seeking for depression: a population-based study applying the behavioral model of health services use. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2013; 48:1809-17.
56. Holtzman CW, Shea JA, Glanz K, Jacobs LM, Gross R, Hines J, et al. Mapping patient-identified barriers and facilitators to retention in HIV care and antiretroviral therapy adherence to Andersen's Behavioral Model. AIDS Care 2015; 27:817-28.
57. Yamashita T, Kart CS, Noe DA. Predictors of adherence with self-care guidelines among persons with type 2 diabetes: results from a logistic regression tree analysis. J Behav Med 2012; 35:603-15.
58. Leventhal H, Diefenbach M, Leventhal EA. Illness cognition: using common sense to understand treatment adherence and affect cognition interactions. Cognit Ther Res 1992; 16:143-63.
59. Brewer NT, Chapman GB, Brownlee S, Leventhal EA. Cholesterol control, medication adherence and illness cognition. Br J Health Psychol 2002; 7:433-47.
60. Leventhal H, Phillips LA, Burns E. The common-sense model of self-regulation (CSM): a dynamic framework for understanding illness self-management. J Behav Med 2016; 39:935-46.
61. Mowlaie M, Hajloo N, Sadeghi Hashjin G, Mikaeili N, Heidari S. Psychometric properties of adult separation anxiety disorder questionnaire in students. J Res Psychol Health 2018; 12:102-12.
62. Mikaeili N, Rajabi S, Abbasi M. A comparison of loneliness, mental health and self-efficacy of the elderly. New Find Psychol 2013; 7:73-81.
63. Ott J, Greening L, Palardy N, Holderby A, DeBell WK. Self-efficacy as a mediator variable for adolescents' adherence to treatment for insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Children Health Care 2000; 29:47-63.
64. Mikaeili N, Einy S, Taghavy R. Role of coping styles, locus of control, and emotional intelligence in predicting social adjustment of veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder. Iran J War Public Health 2018; 10:195-201.
65. Unni EJ, Farris KB. Unintentional non-adherence and belief in medicines in older adults. Patient Educ Couns 2011; 83:265-8.
66. Unni E, Farris KB. Determinants of different types of medication non-adherence in cholesterol lowering and asthma maintenance medications: a theoretical approach. Patient Educ Couns 2011; 83:382-90.