عنوان مقاله [English]
Coronary artery disease is the first etiology of mortality in
Western countries and it was predicted,that up to the year 2010 it would be the main cause of human morbidity. With Respect to the increasing frequency of coronary artery disease, proper diagnosis, treatment and prevention of complications have a great importance. Many patients with chest pain could not perform diagnostic ETT, so in this group dobutamin stress echocardiography was a suitable low cost, safe, accessible & exercise independent modality of stress. Regarding the recent usage of dobutamine stress echocardiography in our country & especially in khorasan province,the aim of this descriptive study was to present 500 patients whom referred to Ghaem hospital echocardiography laboratory for ischemic diagnosis or viability assessment or both.
Materials and Methods
This study consisted of 500 patients, 273 males (54.6%) ,and 227 Females (45.4%0), 20-80 years old and also were symptomatic for ischemia. These cases were referred to Ghaem echo lab for ischemia/ viability detection between 1385-1386.
Our study Patients had: systemic hypertension (46.8%), hypercholesterolemia (39.8%), diabetes (29.5%), smoking (12.6%), previous MI (11.1%) positive family history 8% CRF (8%) and obesity (5%). Among patients 345 (69%)were referred for ischemia detection, 132 (26.4%) referred for viability assessment , 23 (4.6%) for both of them, the left ventricular systolic function was normal in 168 (26.8%), mildly abnormal in 25.3%, moderate dysfunction in 12.8%, severe dysfunction in 128 patients with complication consideration, 402 patients (80.5%) had no complication and in the other patients (19.5%) test complication were occurred as arhythmia, PVC, palpitation, vomiting, nausea, rigor and the other mild complications.
Dobutamine stress echocardiography is an exercise independent stress modality with good safety and low level of complications.